Saturday, February 14, 2009

38 Week Update...It's been a long, long week!

Parker is doing great, but mommy and daddy are very, very tired! It has been a long week to say the least. On Wednesday, June 11th, we really thought this was the day. All through the night I was woken up with contractions that were annoying and just wouldn't let me sleep. But by about 11:00am they were becoming a lot stronger and were only 3 min apart. So Paul hurried home and by about 2:30 pm I decided it was time to head to the hospital after talking with the advice nurse at my Doctors office. We were admitted to triage and sure enough my contractions were 2- 2 & 1/2 minutes apart and some were even bringing tears to my eyes. Paul didn't like seeing me in pain and was being so wonderful and trying to take me to that happy place to ease the pain! Every couple of hours they would check me to see if any progress had been made and of course NOTHING! It was very frustrating! By about 9:30 pm we made the decision to go home and wait it out and see if the contractions would become stronger. They gave me a shot of Demerol to ease the pain and to allow me to sleep through the contractions. The Demerol took affect and we were able to go to sleep, but by about 2:30 am it wore off and lets just say I've been contracting ever since. The contractions have just spaced out and are not as frequent. We even made another trip to the hospital on Thursday night, well really Friday morning at 2:30 am and was there for about 3 hours. Ugh! Yesterday, at my appointment my doctor said that Parker's head has dropped a little more, but wants it to be a bit lower before we take that next step. Plus, he really wants me to be 39 weeks just in case I do have to end up having a c-section. So as of now...we wait until Tuesday, the 17th. My doctor is at the hospital all day so he wants me to come in so he can check me and order an ultrasound to see how big Parker is and will then decide if we should induce. Last night, the contractions came on strong and again were every 2 1/2- 3 minutes long so I decided to take a warm bath in our Jacuzzi Tub, which helped a lot. It eased the pain so that I was able to get some sleep. So for now....we wait!

Happy Valentine's Day!

38 Weeks! I don't think this belly can get any bigger!

1 comment:

The Whites said...

Hang in there...I can't believe you only have 8 more days until your actual delivery date! All three of you are doing a great job at being patient. =) ha. xoxo