Monday, January 05, 2009
Bed Rest...Ugh!
Saturday evening was very eventful! I went to the hospital because I hadn't felt Parker as much as I was used to. I thought I was being silly because I knew it was probably because he is just getting bigger, but I called my best friend Emily who is a labor and delivery nurse at St. Vincent (where I will be delivering) and she said to come in and she would hook me up and monitor me. She said it was better to be safe, so I went in and sure enough the visit was necessary. I was CONTRACTING every 2-4 minutes and they were not stopping. In Emily's words I was being naughty! Parker, however, was as content as could be and his heart rate was excellent. Apparently, he just wasn't moving much due to the contractions. I had a bunch of tests done, a shot and then was admitted so I could be monitored over night. All my tests came back fine and the contractions could just be from him growing and stretching my uterus. The good thing is that I'm not dilated. I was released on Sunday morning, but have to be on bed rest for 1 week and take medicine to reduce the contractions. So far it's doing a good job and hopefully I can go back to work next week. I will see my Doctor on Thursday for an evaluation so I'll have an update then. Until then, please keep us in your prayers or thoughts as we need Parker to say inside my belly for at least 3 to 4 more weeks! If you live in town and want to stop by and visit you know where I will be...camped out on the couch! By the way, Emily is the best nurse ever! Thanks Em for taking care of me when you were so busy having everyone deliver that night. You're the best! Oh and I forgot to tell you that Paul was in Palm Spring for a training with ACN. He was so stressed to say the least and is just happy everything is okay. Today he had a little talk with Parker and told him that he needs to stay in his mommy's belly for another month. Hopefully he is not stubborn and listens to his daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
keep that baby in your belly! All I can think of is, "Get In My Belly." Have fun hanging out on the couch. xoxo
WOW! You did have a big weekend!
Glad everything is fine and Parker is staying put. Let us know if you need anyting.
xoxxo
Keep the thoughts on waiting but you must be 34 weeks now so you are in the green. I will keep you in my thoughts for a healthy and peaceful delivery.
Post a Comment